Google
 

Thursday 3 January 2008

Things to do in Poland

Buy or make cheesecake (Sernik)




Although I am an avid Cheddar lover, I never was fond of cheesecake but for some unknown reason that all changed once I moved to Poland. On my first day in Poland I met my Magdas' family in Szklarska poreba and being extremely nervous my appetite was not at its greatest but I was presented with plate of cake - homemade cheesecake! - upon sitting in the front room. Being the tremendously polite gentleman I am I put a brave face on (and stomach), and started to force it down while face-acting to my best ability. To my surprise though it was really rather tasty and my love affair with Polish cheesecake or sernik began.

These two beauties can be found in Spar which was only 5mins away from our flat in Zielona Gora. The cake selection was the only redeemable quality that Spar possessed as I always thought that no one had a clue what there job was or it was not important. Perhaps the manager of this particular branch had gone for a cigarette break a couple of years ago and none of the staff have bothered to check if he has come back. I think I might be bitter because I used to buy the lotto here and never won!

If you want to try and make one (Magdas' mothers own recipe!) visit http://www.polishfoodrecipes.blogspot.com/

It is very easy but an unforgettable taste which has been receiving much praise I assure you.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I adore cheesecake. I'm not much of a sweets eater but cheesecake is one of the few sweets I do enjoy. Here in the U.S. the best cheesecake is New York style. I'll havet to check out your link and give Polish cheesecake a try.

Anonymous said...

I am a Polish girl,living in Sydney. My husband is Irish -and exactly like you decribe in you article-did not know any other cheese then cheddar -until he met..me !! :)
Cheesecake that I make is his favourite cake of them all now:)

Anonymous said...

Oh I am just another cheescake lover :) No matter that I am addicted to all kind of sweets and chocolates this delicious cheese creation is on my number one. I will definitely try that receipt.

Greetings holiday apartment london

ariana curtis said...

Are you looking for a loan company capable of meeting your financial needs?
we offer user friendly services that meets your business and private needs. with just an interest rate of 2% we give you access to different categories of loans($50,000 -$100,000) to tuition loans to car loans to mortgage to vacation loans($20,000 -$2,000). contact us now and get you loan decision within five minutes and your loan approval and disbursal of funds within 24 hours to any country.email us at smallscaleloans@gmail.com

Swapna madhuri said...

Rick Simpson oil Australia
Ricks hemp oil
Medical cannabis Australia
Hemp oil Australia
Where to buy CBD oil
CBD Hemp oil Australia
Rick Cannabinoild oil Australia
Cannabidiol Australia
Rick Cannabinoild Australia
CBD Oil

Mr Abdullah Ibrahim said...

We offer personal Business loans services around the world. We strive to provide high quality service and high customer satisfaction, while possible financial services. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers; We can give you personal loans, auto loans, business / investment loans, short term loans. You can contact us for an affordable loan now at 2% interest rate. Contact us now via E-mail: abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com
WhatsApp Number +918929490461
Mr Abdullah Ibrahim