Google
 

Friday 13 July 2007

Argentina 3 Poland 1 U20 World Cup

Since I have been in Poland I have noticed the pride and support that is evident when Poland is involved in any type of sport. I was in a bar when Poland beat Portugal in a qualifying match a while ago and the atmosphere was incredible not just in the pub, but everywhere. I urge them on now in any sport in hope that further success will only increase the already near un-peakable (is that a word?) enthusiasm I have witnessed. About 11pm last night I was regretting the fact that I was not out to watch this match in the pub as I watched Janczyk score the opener, I thought it was going to be Brazil all over again. Without England in this tournament I opted for Poland and marvelled at the fact that they could be on the way to claiming another South American team's scalp.

However Argentina, or more accurately one man, who prevented that - Sergio Aguero. His two class goals ended Poland's world cup. However I did feel better for not going to watch it at the pub at least. And quite interestingly Magda's mum managed to confidently predict the right score. I wonder if she is a secret footie fan or actually if the words in the corner of the screen, na zywo, are a sponsor or something and do not refer to the match being live.



OK I will try to recreate the moment that a nation's hope quadrupled with a bad quality screenshot ....... immediately after the goal. Try to ignore the fact it looks like it's part of some angry but tender man love video.

No comments: