Google
 

Sunday 15 July 2007

Everything in Poland is not cheaper

It came as a surprise that electrical goods and branded trainers here are much more expensive than in England. Since food, cigs and booze are much cheaper, I extrapolated this to all goods. Economics and all that jazz is not my strong point so I was confused because the country on a whole is poorer but I think it is something to do with little competition here and they stay in business due to the small, rich section of society buying their products. Basically anything imported is really expensive. People here go to Germany for their consumer goods. Before I realised this, I had bought a laptop in Poland thinking it has to be cheaper than in London. I did not 'feel' the actual price as it was in zloty and I did not think of converting at the time.
Now I shop online and the best and easiest site I have found so far is an American shop caparison site which lists many different prices from an array of different shops for electrical items to jewellery and garden items. I am interested in buying a good DSLR camera and on this site I got 26 different prices for one particular camera with a difference in price of 100%! The site is called compare4 us and it is very quick. I think much faster than driving to Germany and back and cheaper due to petrol costs. It would be even better if it was in different languages but I expect this to be implemented shortly as it is a new site.

No comments: